KENT - Development
CAJUN is written in Perl and I don`t know much about Perl. If you want a stable CAJUN, please use an official release.
These things here are more or less just hacks. If they are stable, I wish that they would made it into CAJUN.
I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES INCURRED DUE TO ACTIONS TAKEN BASED UPON THIS WEBSITE.
The information on this website is provided AS-IS.
streamTitle - Status: alpha, bugy, ugly - Version: 040406
With following modifications the CAJUN module Icecast.pm will show in the first line of your display the current artist and songtitle of the stream
you are listening (instead of the time how long you are listening).
And really at last a modified version of Icecast.pm.
- mpg321 - Homepage
If you use the latest official release (0.2.10), your box may be remote controlled according to a
I use the release from the debian security team (thank you).
- shoutcast-patch-0.2.10-3 - It is available here. It enables the support for icecast meta-data in remote mode.
- And at last (for mpg321) my changes. Or my mpg321 for CAJUN. Please, read README.patched.
Changes to Icecast.pm:
Communication with mpg321 via remote interface (from Fileplayer.pm) to get artist and songtitle
Changed http request to shoutcast.com: getting comprehensive genre list (need some work) and request asks for streams
ordered by bitrate (max. 50 stations).
Compile and install mpg321. Copy the modified Icecast.pm to /usr/share/cajun/lib/audioSource (default install path).
Via the webinterface change the configuration of Icecast (mpg123-path).
Known Bugs (so far):
- 1st time after starting CAJUN and selecting "Icecast" you will get no groups to choose.
Just press again the button for selecting.
Reason: Unknown (maybe Icecast.pm don`t know what to do)
- If you shutdown CAJUN, when in "Icecast" mode, mpg321 will not be killed
- Listening to a stream longer than "shoutcast-cache-life" makes it impossible to select again a stream from the same genre (empty list).
Back to index...
Last Update: Apr 7 13:10:16 CEST 2004